Upright Burials acknowledge that some families require commemorative services and therefore we are happy to work with Funeral Directors to accommodate their wishes for an eco-friendly burial.
Please call 1300 466 860 to discuss how we can work together.
Upright Burials will discount our fixed price to $2,750 fee, (inc. GST) for funeral directors who meet the following conditions:
- Must provide full payment by eft upon collection of the deceased by us. A receipt will be issued.
- Our means of notification is via telephone 1300 466 860 - 24 hours a day.
- If required, the funeral director will house the deceased prior to collection and will assist in preparing the deceased for transportation.
- The funeral director will ensure the deceased is available for collection by our preferred transportation contractor (Metropolitan Funeral Transfers).
- The cost of transfer to our holding facility will be borne by the funeral director.
- The funeral director must provide Upright Burials with the original medical certificate of death.
The funeral director will be responsible for :
- Making arrangements with family of the deceased.
- Media notices.
- Application for death certificate.
All our other terms and condition apply. We will inform the funeral director of the date and location of burial.
What we are responsible for:
- Once notified, Upright Burials will arrange for collection of the deceased and transfer to our holding facility.
- We will make all necessary arrangements with the cemetery trust that administer the Kurweeton Road Cemetery and provide them with the required details.
- When the grave has been prepared, we transfer the deceased to the cemetery and perform a vertical burial, whereby the deceased is gently lowered into the grave, which is then filled. Graves are secure in perpetuity and are 3 meters deep. There can only be one burial per gravesite and plots cannot be reserved, they are allocated by the cemetery trust as required.
- All cemetery costs are included in the $2,750 fee, as is the provision of a plaque (containing the deceased's name and dates of birth and death), which will be affixed to the memorial wall at the cemetery.
Call 1300 466 860 if you would like to have an obligation free discussion.