Upright Burials respects that all your information is confidential. Outside our normal operations, your details will only be provided to: Births, Deaths & Marriages for the purpose of attaining a Death Certificate, and The Darlington Cemetery Trust (Trustees for Kurweeton Road Cemetery) for the purposes of interment. We will request your authorisation in ALL other circumstances.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Upon payment of the sum of $3,750 (including GST) and such further sum as is agreed if the deceased is to be collected outside the Melbourne Metropolitan Area, Upright Burials will provide the following service:
- Collection and transport of the deceased to the company’s facility
- Supply of biodegradable body bag and lowering container
- Store in frozen state until interment at a time determined by the company and next of kin
- Transport deceased to Kurweeton Road (Public) Cemetery
- Pay all cemetery fees to Darlington Cemetery Trust (the Trustees for Kurweeton Road Cemetery)
- Bury the deceased in accord with the requirements of the Cemeteries Regulations SR No. 70/2000
The person responsible for the deceased agrees to pay, or make acceptable arrangements to pay, the sum of $3,750 (including GST) before Upright Burials has any obligation to perform the services as detailed in this document.
The deceased will be buried in the clothing they are collected in. The person responsible for the deceased is asked to remove jewellery and other personal items (if required) from the body before the time of collection.
The person responsible for the deceased before collection agrees that once the deceased is collected, Upright Burials is solely responsible for the security and delivery of the deceased to Kurweeton Road Cemetery and will therefore not accommodate any requests for further viewing or contact with the body.
Due to the grave being 700mm in diameter, there is a restriction on the size of persons who can be buried. The maximum girth of the deceased must therefore be 1800mm or less. Upright Burials reserves the right to refuse clients if they exceed this size limit.